Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The New Years Eve Gift that Keeps On Giving

New Years Day = Lazy.  I might not even be hungover.  Truth is, I wasn't.  But I still don't want to do anything.  I don't have to work; I'm certainly not going to work at home!

Take leftover New Years Eve Dinner.  Put all the leftover liquid into a large frying pan.  Add 1 cup chicken stock (or veg. stock, or fish stock).  Bring to a boil.  Add 2 servings fresh, cooked, frozen pasta (that is, pasta that I made fresh, then cooked, then froze.  You could use any cooked pasta.)  Cook, stirring constantly, until just heated through.  Add remaining leftovers (mussels, sweet potatoes, chorizo), and cook until heated through.  Eat and feel overly pleased with yourself for being so gosh darn fancy.

Honestly, most all leftovers + pasta = great dinner the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment