Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Here is Where Guy Fieri Would Say Something Obnoxious and Rhyming

So... I won.  It's pretty crazy, actually.  Even when I was a finalist...  Even when the people at Cherryland's best emailed me to ask if I was going... I didn't really think I was going to win.  I don't have any training.  I've never worked in a kitchen.  I'm really just some girl who is screwing around in her kitchen and decided to blog about it.

And yet, I won.



Apparently there were almost 100 entries.  And, somehow, I won.  This is going to take some time to process.  I may be a good talker, or at least a good writer, or maybe I'm not even that, but those who know me know that the one thing I'm not good at is taking complements.  There's always room to grow, and always room to get better, and the concept that my recipe was "the best" is pretty shocking.

All I can hope is that this opens up some opportunities to pimp my blog.  I'm going to have to work harder at acting like I'm damn awesome if I want to get my own show on Cooking Channel.  Practice makes perfect, right?

Somewhere, there's some video of me winning.  I had to talk and give an interview and junk.  I'm much more eloquent in writing than I am in person. (True story: My high school English teacher, Mr. Mooreland, said to me on my graduation day, "Kate, I have never in my entire life met someone who writes the English language so well... and yet speaks it so poorly."  Thanks, Mr. Mooreland.  One of these days, I'll get around to reading The Great Gatsby).  I do know that, when they gave me my winnings ($100), I did do the dance of Capitalist Superiority ala Anya and Dawn on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I couldn't find a video of this, but I did find a picture:


Hopefully I will find the video of me doing the dance, and then I can post it here too.

1 comment: