Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chowdah!

I have no recipes today, and frankly I am so exhausted that I have very little story as well.  Generally I can fill pages with nonsense, but I find vacations very draining.

The Cubs are playing the Red Sox at Fenway for the first time since 1918, so Jeff and I are in Boston.  I figure, if I can't get local seafood at home, I have to go to where the seafood is local!

We got in yesterday and went to lunch at a small cafe in the neighborhood.  I wish I could tell you what it was, because the food was excellent.  No Chowdah, though.  We walked through the Boston Public Gardens and around a few neighborhoods.  We stopped by Cheers, but did not eat there because it was completely packed and appeared to be completely bar food.  Then, for dinner, we went to Todd English's Kingfish Hall, because I do love me a good celebrity chef restaurant.  Chowdah there was excellent!

Jeff at Cheers

Gravlox salad

Lobster Roll

Whipped Goat Cheese (SO GOOD!)

Steamers at Kingfish Hall

Chowdah at Kingfish Hall

Lobster Ravioli at Kingfish Hall

"Crab"-onara at Kingfish Hall

Boston Cream Pie at Kingfish Hall
Next up: The Freedom Trail, the oldest restaurant in America, the New England Aquarium, and Sel de la Terre, a restaurant that focuses on locally sourced food.

And hopefully more interesting stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment